The IDA San Diego Branch, which was formed in 1976, is affiliated with the International Dyslexia Association, a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1949 to continue pioneering work in the study and treatment of dyslexia.
IDA San Diego is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to the study and treatment of the learning disability, dyslexia. The Branch was formed to increase public awareness of dyslexia. Through Seminars, Conferences, and Workshops, our organization has served San Diego County individuals, families and professionals who have an interest in challenges and solutions related to dyslexia.
Many of our 100+ members are actively involved in the treatment and remediation of dyslexia. The membership includes educators, psychologists, physicians, and individuals with dyslexia, and parents who have dealt with learning disability issues within school systems.
Local tutoring, testing, and other referral information can be obtained from our branch representatives by contacting us here. (email@example.com)
- Disseminate information about dyslexia
- Monthly board meetings
- Make referrals to appropriate resources
- Publish quarterly newsletter
- Maintain tutor, services, advocate and school resource file
- Sponsor teacher training programs (continuing education)
- Speaker network/events
- Community outreach workshops
- Annual dyslexia information night
- Annual dinner meeting
- Adult support referrals
- Volunteer opportunities available
PARENT AND EDUCATOR SERVICES
- Referral to literacy services available in the County
- Close coordination with other local literacy/special learning organizations
- Simulation presentation at local libraries (free) and schools (modest fee)
Share this page with your friends…